07-23-2017, 06:30 AM   #60
JoeyBimX5din
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Shouldn't matter where you bought it !

If BMW is doing the work they should give you a loaner! At least that's what every BMW dealer I've ever come across has done.

Anyhow, I'd still think it's possible it could be a rod knock but interested to hear what they come up with. Another thing is they probably know what it is but use this as a tactic to bleed all the money possible out of the fix! Sorry I'm just a sceptic and been kind of ruined because My dealer I used to work for did this tactic for a while till shit rained down on them and they quickly removed a select amount of individuals for making that a common practice. Thought it was funny they never knew anything ! Mechanics are trained professionals that should know their way around any car. But alas I'm just being negative.... sorry.
I am not saying its impossible, but I personally have never had a rod knock that bad without any sort of oil usage or output of the tailpipe. With the extra play the cylinder just doesn't seal. I think that noise is in the cam/timing valve-train. It may be possible to have a rod knock with no oil smoke or usage, but I feel like its highly unlikely.
1995 BMW 540i6 - H&R Lowering Springs, Bilstein's, Racing Dynamics Bars, Catback, Short shifter
Appreciate 0