07-18-2017, 08:16 PM   #54
jandref321
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Shouldn't matter where you bought it !

If BMW is doing the work they should give you a loaner! At least that's what every BMW dealer I've ever come across has done.

Anyhow, I'd still think it's possible it could be a rod knock but interested to hear what they come up with. Another thing is they probably know what it is but use this as a tactic to bleed all the money possible out of the fix! Sorry I'm just a sceptic and been kind of ruined because My dealer I used to work for did this tactic for a while till shit rained down on them and they quickly removed a select amount of individuals for making that a common practice. Thought it was funny they never knew anything ! Mechanics are trained professionals that should know their way around any car. But alas I'm just being negative.... sorry.
So they would charge to look then charge full labor to fix after the fact? I've always had the dealer drop the "exploratory labor" and just charge the base price to fix once they figure it out. The exploratory labor was only ever charged if you said "never mind, I'll get it fixed else where."

I've only ever gotten a loaner if the car was CPO from the dealer I bought it at. All the other cars I've taken in, even under CPO warranty, they say they can't offer me a loaner. Maybe a crappy SA thing, or a customer loyalty thing.

I thought they weren't all trained mechanics? Isn't it usually just one or two legit mechanics supervising and then a bunch of trainees flipping through the repair manual? I've seen that at a few locations and thought it was normal...like a doctor's office filled with nurses and the doctor comes around to see you for 5 minutes then moves on to the next patient.

2020 G01 X3 30e CURRENT M Sport Package
2019 Ford Raptor SuperCrew CURRENT 802A, KN Drop-in, RB Flaps, Husky Well Liners
2012 E70 X5M SOLD Stg 1+ Turbos, DPs, Velos Stg 2+, JB4, Race Cats, Bavauto Coils
2003 E46 M3 SOLD aFe CAI, AP Axleback, SSK, H&R Springs, TMS CMBR Arms, PF RTABs
Appreciate 0