Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw x6 50i 4.4L

Garage List
2013 Bmw  [0.00]
need some suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuroclast View Post
I have a Dinan stage 1 tune right now (came with the car), and it was around $1200 for the previous owner I think.

MHD is company/app that allows you to flash tunes to your car with a cheapo (<$100) cable that you attach to any android/iOS device. They are very big in various BMW communities. Started on the N54 I believe but that's grown a lot.

It's more affordable because the app is cheap, the cable is cheap, and then any good BMW tuner will be able to tune for the car without a specialty cable. I know Motiv will be jumping on that bandwagon, and their tunes are usually a few hundred dollars.

I haven't seen anyone actually use those on an S63, so I don't know about their results. I will say though: it's a piggyback tuner, so it will not be able to do advanced DME features like delete cold start, remove the catless DP CEL, etc. I wouldn't go with it.

I have a 2013 Bmw x6 4.4L and I am looking into trying to bring out th best in it by doing modifications. I have been looking around trying to figure out exactly what I want to have done and what to buy but I'm having a hard time I don't know much about this stuff but would really like to learn. I have been looking up tuner kits to increase horse power and torque, also trying to find either a cold air intake system for the turbo or like an air box, really my goal is to optimize the performance and engine to be the best possible. if you have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. my email is shaqcox32@gmail.com thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0