07-29-2022, 11:14 AM   #10
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzina View Post
I guess I'm screwed.
This is how you end up when you think you know what you're doing but end up screwing up big time.

The question is what now. Burn it down, push off the cliff or really attempt to rebuild it.

After reading posts from Sophisticated Redneck pulling heads inside the car doesn't sounds like a good idea feel like I may loose my $hit. But pulling engine without lift doesn't sounds much better.
I may even part it out. I'm honestly so disappointed in myself how could I screw up like that. Sometimes is really better to use brain not muscles.
Definitely don't recommend pulling the heads with engine still in. Ends up taking much more time and effort then just pulling the engine I learned.

Others have pulled theirs without a car lift though so it is possible.

Before you go that far though I would pick up a bore scope with a dual or triple lens on it. One of the best investments I ever made. Allows you to look at the valves, with that high of leakdown at just 20psi, I would be highly suspect you have some valves stuck open on some debris. Would explain why engine hits a hard stop too.
Appreciate 0