07-19-2019, 09:29 AM   #8
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg328 View Post
Surely this piece is available separately?

Greg
Why would it be available...BMW Roundels are located on the hood, trunk and tailgate...and occasionally on the side (C or D pillar). These Roundels don't have a smooth back...they have prongs/nibs/nubs/etc that get inserted into something with a small hole that uses a grommet to secure it to the vehicle so that it doesn't get easily pulled off, blown off, or brushed off the car under normal/daily circumstances like car washes, rain storms, driving fast on the highway, etc.

If it was available separately...it would be listed in the part database...and I don't see it when I look at the part database diagram and part nbr index below the diagram...do you?

If you had the part the came off...you could try gluing it back on. But if you don't have the missing part...you'll either need to buy the whole thing...or create it yourself by finding a Roundel that is the same diameter, then grinding the "nibs" off the back so that it is smooth...then put enough adhesive on the original part still on your vehicle and stick your reworked Roundel with the nibs ground off of it in place.

Perhaps you can find some aftermarket peel & stick Roundel that is the correct size...but you'll probably need to clean off the old adhesive still stuck to the remaining part so that the new peel and stick Roundel will fit smoothly in place.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0