View Single Post
      03-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #25
ryansbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M-Sport, 2010 535x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Are you planning to pay for this repair out of pocket, or have your insurance company pay?

My wife bumped a concrete support column in a parking garage which cracked the rear bumper and caused some minor paint damage on the rear 1/4 - $4000 for parts, labor, materials at a good body shop. Price didn't matter to me though - I figure I pay my insurance premiums every year, they can pay for it!
Ill be paying out of pocket. Since its my fault, I spoke with my insurance agent and she estimated my premium was going up about $800 a year. $800 x 3 years+$500 and Im just about $3k. Tack on an additional 2 years of having a higher premium and I'm even higher. Im having all the work done for about $3k so it was worth it just to go out of pocket and keep my record clean. This shop does good work so Im not concerned about it.

If somebody else's insurance was paying for it and I wasnt worried about my own premium, I wouldn't care what the cost was lol.

Car is at the body shop now. Apparently there is a backorder of the M-Sport bumpers so Im am patiently waiting for it to arrive. Hopefully Ill have the car back next week.
Appreciate 0