View Single Post
      04-12-2019, 08:50 AM   #10
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbimma View Post
I've got the VRSFs on the X5M- had my shop do it since it was already in for a broken axle.

They mentioned nothing on the poor alignment. I've not had any leaking top or bottom besides the bottom bolts coming loose on the bottom flange. I upgraded them to a heftier nut to hold and everything has been fine for about a month now.

Welds for mine were also nice- I wonder if these poor experiences are due to rushed installs (not that I doubt anyone's capabilities) or rushed build quality on the pipes themselves. Seems like there are heavy factors on both sides- especially on this part where we all know it sounds its going to be a challenging install due to space. Do other brands have similar pain points on the s63? I've never researched bc I couldn't ever stomach dropping over 1K for gutted pipes.
Nah the pipes cant really be adjusted due to a bracket on both pipes that bolts to the back of the engine so there is really only one way to put them in. If you look at his pics, its so far off on the right side turbo the only cause is they welded the pipe wrong when made as it looks like if he tried to bolt to the turbo first then it would not line up with the bottom section or the bracket. Even if you cut off the bracket, our exhaust system is so ridged that I doubt you could tweak it enough to fit unless you cut the welded brackets in the center section of the exhaust the tie to the two sides together unless he has a slip fit and not the flange on the bottom, then you could slip it up enough to make it work but again would have to cut bracket....something we shouldn't have to do.

The ARM motorsports down-pipes I just bought dont have a flexible section between the bracket and the turbo so if these are not made with absolute precision, then they are not going to work. But if they do, then its going to be an awesome choice as they are only 347 dollars. I too have problem paying 1000+ (Agency power wants 1600!!!!) for a pair of hollow pipes.. I will make a new thread if they do for all those interested.
Appreciate 2
ncbimma100.00
9vapors651.50