View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #38
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
I recently got a TTFS stage 1 tune. Since our weather is hot but with good 98ron/93aki from pump was wondering if i should go for the 95770 plugs. Right now i Have the OE plugs replaced 10k kms ago on my X5M.
almost all stage1's on any brand is ok for keeping and replacing with OEMs.. but do you have the logs of stock and stage 1 difference on boost and EGT at least on your X5M? or gauges you can put eye on? S63 tends to create heat in its nature and i believe the best thing you can do for hot climates, keeping the radiators and intercoolers "clean" not blocked by pipes, plates etc.. by a gauge or an app etc. checking the EGT when you re pushing can save the engine.. if i were you i d get more information on the boost levels and EGT, according to that i d decide on changing the plugs after they re done as long as i stick with stage 1 software.. even if assuming there is not much cold in Bahrain.. colder spark plugs means simply more insulation.. and one way or another plug tips needs to be between 500-800c.. but first you need more information about whats going with temps on your car's engine at the moment..