View Single Post
      10-03-2021, 02:21 AM   #100
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Not much if you don't tense up. In a LHD if you don't push the gear lever away from yourself shifting from 5 to 6 you can end up in 4 or shifting from 4 to 5 you can end up in 3. Likewise, in a RHD you can have just the same if you don't pull the gear lever towards yourself, I suppose (never tried a RHD but very positive the gearbox is exactly the same): there's some (spring?) tension applied to the lever when it's off the 3-4 position.

And no, it won't blow the engine once you've just misshifted: you need to engage the clutch for that to happen and here's the point when you can stop and recover if you are conscious of what you are doing (the revs go blasting up). I never drop the clutch and it saved me from a money shift.

There was another dog who chose wisely and didn't try to be fast, it rather proved to be sensible. Living is something you might want to deserve. Pressing the pedal away from the stem is not particularly effective to move it forward, but yes, you are right: I am wrong mentioning that for you.
There is no give in the pedal from the stem otherwise it wouldn't pass the yearly safety test, it makes you a ''better driver'' and a better driver doesn't wear out the linings by riding the pedal and I discover now you have a MANUAL gearbox..you should have said so no wonder it takes so long for you
Appreciate 0