View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 06:19 PM   #9
ItsJustMe
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Well....i called corporate today. She was really no help at all. She knew nothing about anything. She didn't know about any hold up with engines being shipped. She just said "stuff like that can certainly happen". I asked about the 2 year warranty. She put me on hold to ask a supervisor. Came back on and said no warranty if it's fully covered under CPO. She said I only have the rest of my 6 yr/ 100k warranty.... which expires at midnight tonight.

I think I got the wrong person to answer at the corporate number.

Hanebo, thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that all is well with the engine. It gives me a little bit of hope that nothing will go wrong if I'm not getting a warranty with my new engine. I'm still thankful to have the new engine. And it will be better than the engine I had. I almost feel silly to complain for something I'm getting for free but like you said...i paid a bigger price for cpo...i deserve the new engine. I need to not feel thankful and more like "they owe it to me". I think I feel that way because I'm so thankful that this all went down right before my cpo expired. I'm so thankful for that.

I'm not sure if my service advisor is being honest with me about the new engine being sent back to Germany due to a new recall. The lady I talked to only brought up air bag recall and the older n63 "care package" on her computer. I think it's more likely that my engine was never shipped due to low supply and my service advisor felt like an idiot for telling me "it's almost here" every week. Then he found out its backordered and won't be here for a while. I think he has been blowing smoke this entire time.

Heatmizr, yeah I do have the class action letter. I have gathered all of my oil receipts and will probably "opt in" concidering they are replacing my engine and not feeling the need for a formal lawsuit.

Like you, I am also shocked it won't come with a warranty. They say it's warranty on the new engine is only the life of my current cpo warranty because I'm getting the engine fully covered. My current warranty expires today. I am going to call corporate again and try to get someone different. If I get the same response....i will try to figure out how I can maybe escalate my concerns.

If anyone has a corporate contract that goes above and beyond...please let me know.
Appreciate 0