First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick View Post
So I had misfires in Cyl 1&3 and the spark plugs looked something like these, possibly cracked at the bottom.

The mechanic helping me didn't have the Bosch spark plug gapping tool so we never gapped the plugs. Everything went smoothly but I still have the limp mode under hard acceleration.

Since car has 41K miles, I guess it's time to change out the coils. I am thinking BAV auto one for the fact the the coil caps are red in color

I haven't bought the scan tool yet so not sure where the misfires are coming from, could and or should I change the coils?
Didn't Bav Auto shut down? See info on ECS site: https://www.ecstuning.com/Page/bavau...rsrc=bvadomain

I went with Eldor coils and NGK 97506 plugs gapped at ~0.020". Wasn't having any issues prior to the plug/coil swap but regardless it seems smoother on cold start and throughout the rev range.
- 2013 X5 M - Silverstone Metallic w/ Black Perforated Complete Merino - All OEM Options - 12.5mm/20mm Spacers - Velos Stage 2 - xHP Stage 3 - AA Catless - Megan Racing Supremo - PTP Blanket - K&N Drop In -
Appreciate 0