01-22-2019, 12:18 AM   #6
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymattw View Post
Thanks.

I am pretty good at working on cars myself if it comes to following directions. I have a full blown race car (LS motor) I've done a lot of the work myself to.

That being said, I know this is a completely different beast.

Are there any questions I should ask As red flags when confirming things were done properly?
I'm that case then you will actually like working on this car, it's very complex but actually not to bad to work on, just takes along time as there is so much to it but it's Engineered so well that I find it easier (so far) then working on most average cars. For example, when you pull th cooling fan, they made one of it's mounts foldable, so you don't have to disconnect the main coolant lines to the radiator...or stainless steel bolts used EVERYWHERE. So nice not having to deal with rusted crap. As for what to look for....get an exact answer on what failed..I have never heard of a turbo failing with that low of miles, do they really know what failed or are they just best guessing it...these machines can confuse most mechanics with their unique issues(the turbo oil return housing leak makes it look exactly like a rear main seal leak for example)
Appreciate 0