03-05-2019, 06:14 AM   #97
SimSimmah
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey john View Post
So I've done we installed per the instructions yesterday. But I seem to be having a few problems, I was hoping to get some help here from those who have done the install before me. So I've done we installed per the instructions yesterday. But I seem to be having a few problems, I was hoping to get some help here from those who have done the install before me.

First issue, my Bluetooth doesn't seem to work anymore now. When I try and use the phone the Bluetooth seems to keep just spinning. I wonder if there is a DIP switch that needs to be flipped one way or the other or if it is just something with the box now.

Second issue, well I can see the screen and launch the apps, this seems to be an issue with sound. I still hear the radio or whatever activity is being played when I launch the CarPlay.

I'm hoping that maybe there is something with how I installed it, or maybe a setting on the box that I need to correct. Has anyone else faced this as well? I'm willing to wait for the sound issue, but the Bluetooth issue is much more important as I can't answer the phone now using the car. Thanks in advance for all your help.

UPDATE TO POST: it appears that none of my BMW connected drive functions work. BMW apps does not work, and I'm not sure if the Connected drive activities work either.
My best suggestion is to check to ensure all connections are properly snug and your dip switches are set the same as mine since I believe we have the same 8.8" CIC and model year. I know, that's not much help. The way it works in my bimmer is that all functions and signals operate as if nothing has changed when the system is not activated. It works as a simple pass through until turned on. Have you tried the email/chat support for the company? Unichip-Tec.

Re: Second issue - I know I can mix and match. By that I mean I can still listen to AM/FM/XM radio off the BMW head unit when CarPlay is engaged for maps. I have to hit media, and select the aux input, then long press menu to get back into CarPlay to have an audio and video feed.
Appreciate 0