03-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #94
E46_TommyP
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: *E46 M3 *E70 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersey john View Post
So I've done we installed per the instructions yesterday. But I seem to be having a few problems, I was hoping to get some help here from those who have done the install before me. So I've done we installed per the instructions yesterday. But I seem to be having a few problems, I was hoping to get some help here from those who have done the install before me.

First issue, my Bluetooth doesn't seem to work anymore now. When I try and use the phone the Bluetooth seems to keep just spinning. I wonder if there is a DIP switch that needs to be flipped one way or the other or if it is just something with the box now.

Second issue, well I can see the screen and launch the apps, this seems to be an issue with sound. I still hear the radio or whatever activity is being played when I launch the CarPlay.

I'm hoping that maybe there is something with how I installed it, or maybe a setting on the box that I need to correct. Has anyone else faced this as well? I'm willing to wait for the sound issue, but the Bluetooth issue is much more important as I can't answer the phone now using the car. Thanks in advance for all your help.

UPDATE TO POST: it appears that none of my BMW connected drive functions work. BMW apps does not work, and I'm not sure if the Connected drive activities work either.

I’m not much of a help as far as bmw apps and all that because I don’t have any of that but for sound make sure you select the aux jack on the media screen also make sure your aux cable that is part of the harness (AUX OUT) is all the way in the aux jack in the center console. When selecting the aux in the media screen select volume and put it to half on the media screen. As far as Bluetooth I’m not really sure why yours is not connecting, I haven’t had any issues with that, you should be able to answer calls when in the car play worst case scenario.. I have found that when I want audio to work on my car play I need to pick the aux in media screen first before long holding on the menu button. Also for pandora to work on car play I need to open my phone once I get into the app on the screen for it to start playing music.

Last edited by E46_TommyP; 03-04-2019 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0