04-01-2023, 02:00 AM   #12
Llarry
///M driver
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6-speed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
Thanks everyone. Not that is a deal breaker, but you still pay the $995 destination charge? And how does registration work? Do you do that when you get home and do you have a certain amount of time to get that done? @Llarry, how long did you take to go back to Oregon?
I have a small llama farm and, as much as I would have liked to spend some extra time on the trip, felt like I needed to get back home. So, let's see -- I spent two nights in Tennessee at my sister's house, one near Little Rock, one in Amarillo, one in Albuquerque, two in Sedona, one near the Grand Canyon and one just south of Salt Lake City. Ten days on the road if my math is OK.

The dealership (BMW Portland) gave me a temp registration to tape to the back window for the trip. And then mailed my plates to me after I got home. (If you're in Portland you could just stop by the dealership; I'm down by Salem.)

I had some "pits" in the paint on the hood from insect hits when I got back but I got the car ceramic coated and the paint correction took care of those no problem.