View Single Post
      07-02-2023, 11:42 PM   #37
SoCal_NSX
Major
Rep
Drives: 981CS/428/is250/JLU Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
They're not the same, which is why I mentioned I've driven an M3P enough to know what it's capable of. What you keep getting hung up on are these 0-60 times and how fast it can lap a "short track". No one is debating those data points. Those figures are undisputed. But at the end of the day, people still don't care how lightning quick these Teslas are. It's just like the Corvette Z06. It's always punched well above its weight from a pricing standpoint, as far back as the 90s, running down supercars. Still a hard pass for me and I know I'm not alone.

well the performance, whether it is 0-60 or on a track or mountain pass, is a very important part of what makes a true enthusiasts car ...I've never got hung up brands or if it is NA, turbo'd, hybrid or EV....as long as it is fun and looks good and puts a smile on your face is all that matters at the end of the day. 98% of the population will never track their cars, so pointing out the performance value in those catogories is just simply pointing out that these are not just good for going fast in a straight line, they are actually very capable street cars for any kind of driving..most people love value, and if you can get a car that outperforms an M3, AMG, Panamera, etc for 1/2 or 1/3 the price ...they will quickly learn to live without a noise maker
Appreciate 0