Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2019 RAM 3500  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3  [0.00]
2016 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2000 Ford F450 7.3l ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
Take his opinion on the trans tune with a grain of salt. There's many tunes available and they all blow away stock tuning. It also has better cold temp shifting. Not to mention the torque converter locks up much earlier than stock. The real fix for these cars is an upgraded torque converter but we won't get into that. The trans service is very important though like he said, every 50,000 miles it should be done
I'd take all opinions with a grain of salt especially from folks who are selling/promoting a product.

Do you actually have any experience with the xhp tunes? Which tune are you using. Blow away in what way? Any objective measurement?

The xhp, stage 1,2,3 tunes which I've owned emade a minor difference in cold weather behavior, and a little less clutch slip from a slow roll. But beyond having the gear indicator on the display wasn't even noticeable to anyone who drove the car. I'd lend it to folks and they never noticed a difference per/post tune. ITs not nothing but not major in the list of upgrades.

I'd recommend a trans tune only when you've done all the better bang for a buck things like, engine tune, deletes and etc. If you want that last little bit. But its not going to make a major difference, unless your heavily modded and the upped torque limits maybe of benifit. On a stock car there are better ways to spend money.

Last edited by Thecastle; 03-26-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0