View Single Post
      09-14-2021, 09:52 AM   #237
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRatedM View Post
It looks fairly decent for the price, I'll wait for you to install before I pull the trigger.

And how does your warranty work, I looked into warranties through BMW and they quoted me $950/mo for 3 years, I'd rather pick up a new truck for that. So for now living without warranties lol
I can't claim, nor expect, everyone will have the same experience as I, but I've had more covered than I paid in warranty. Considering another contract when it expires next spring.

FWIW:

Call Zurich, get a list of local dealers selling their warranty. Go to the dealer, negotiate a deal, IF they negotiate. I got mine at purchase Mar.2017 for $4k, 5yr/75k miles...and that was discounted $500. 150k miles is the maximum mileage coverage. They cover vehicles 15yrs old from the date of inquiry. They have several levels of coverage and then you can select mileage/term. I purchased their highest coverage plan: Comprehensive.

Local BMW dealerships are not mandated by bmw on which warranties to offer. The dealership owners, at least with my local dealership, only offer third party warranties in which they are invested. Despite pleas from the service advisors, quality of warranty is not a factor. I stumbled across the Zurich warranty as it was offered by BMW of Minnetonka [FWIW a place which I highly recommend solely based on my experience buying this X5M from them].

Zurich is an exclusionary warranty (they explicity list what is not covered), they pay bmw directly, they cover all new gaskets/fasteners/seals, and I pay $100 deductible to bmw. My SA says some warranties will replace the part/labor, but expect existing fasteners and seals to be reused.

Last edited by argento; 09-19-2021 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0