06-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #22
MLB607
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 750li M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
Have any luck yet? I would have your mechanic use ISTA to do a simple height calibration. If you need to know the exact steps I can go through it, it's incredibly simple. I just did mine the other day when I had the left side sitting an inch low. This happened when I swapped the ride height sensors. Any time you mess with those they should be calibrated.

Only thing is that since you're lowered, when it asks for your measurements on both sides, you'll want to add your lowered amount to the measurement. Otherwise computer will think it's too low and try to raise it up. So if you're measurement is 675mm from bottom of rim to the fender arch, then you'll want to input 700mm(adding 25mm which is an inch) into the computer.

Just spoke with him and he did not use ITSA; he tried using 'Snap on Zeus'. We did do the measurements with that computer and ttied to adjust, but to no avail. Its still sitting low af on the left and high on the right. Its been quite frustrating since all the research I did before leaned towards a straight forward and easy swap. Do you think I should try switching the sensors left to right and vice versa? I think someone else mentioned that idea in a previous post. At this point I wish I would have just gotten the 4 spring H7R kit to eliminate the self leveleing rear bags and just driven with the 'Self leveling malfunction' code.
2013 Black Sapphire 50i X5 M-Sport (sold)
Appreciate 0