View Single Post
      10-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #19
biotechbadass
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 750i

Sounds exactly like what is going on with my 2012 750i that I bought in 2015 with around 25k miles. 12 weeks ago, when it had 59k miles, as I was driving on the freeway, the 'drivetrain malfunction' light went on; the engine started making a strange sound, then it went into neutral, car shut off, and I had to manually steer it to the side of the road. The battery also died and the towtruck driver said he'd have to drag it on the truck b/c we couldn't get the car in neutral. The car has been at the service department of the dealer where I purchased it (CPO) for 12 weeks. I got the same stories about the delay (also from a rude condescending service rep) 'it's coming from Germany by ship...it takes a long time'...then 'the engine is backordered'...then 'BMW is looking for a new supplier'. No estimates on timing. The service department can't provide me with any helpful info. I finally contacted Customer Relations for BMWUSA, and someone called me back. He said he'd try to find out what is going on. Maybe I'll ask them to buy my car back as well.
Appreciate 0