12-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #83
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph98 View Post
I'm about to place an order for one of these (and thanks to everyone offering good advice in this thread) but it looks like the GPS splitter is out of stock and will be back-ordered.

I don't want to delay shipment of the screen as i'm in the UK and am hoping to install over the Christmas holiday - Does anyone has the details of the GPS splitter that Avin sell? Could I just use an alternative GPS splitter as i'm guessing these things are fairly generic?

Thanks in advance
My units come tomorrow and I'll take pics of the stereos, GPS splitters, etc and you'll be able to see what the GPS splitter looks like. I'm sure it's something simple like Boneca mentioned where it's some generic $10 part. AVIN may be a seller for these things but I'm fairly certain there's absolutely nothing proprietary about these units and accessories from them that couldn't be bought elsewhere...for possibly even less. I've given credit where credit is due though, they're got the best prices I've found online, minus Alibaba which I've never used and don't know if I can trust yet.
Appreciate 1