05-07-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
Kraftwerk AG
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Mein F Fünfundachtzig Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by laselvasurf View Post
Many of you have seen posts about the X5M I purchased a few months ago. It's been running extremely well and I have put almost 5,000 miles on it since purchase. I was driving on Friday, the vehicle was acting perfectly and while accelerating somewhat hard(no where near floored though) the engine died while shifting into 2nd. Luckily I was close to home and was able to coast to a safe place. I tried to start it up and had no luck. Eventually the battery died and I had to get a tow. My mechanic has looked at it and told me today that it looks like the engine is done. Has anyone had similar issues with the S63 that might be able to give some advice on how to proceed? The vehicle is under warranty(thank goodness!), so we'll see how that is all handled.

I've done a bit of research and I found Ghassan Automotive's rebuilt S63s. Has anyone here had experience with them? I'm sure the warranty company will try and save any money they can on the rebuild, but I also want to make sure it's done right. If anyone has any information that might be helpful, I'd appreciate it!

Picture just because, the X5M with my wife's X5 35D.
IIRC, you went with PRco insurance coverage your indie mechanic recommended amirite? So if the diagnosis is indeed true, it looks like you are covered from day 1. Not sure about Ghassan Automotive replacement S63's. Maybe you can verify with PRco on that. Good luck with your claim and outcome.
Appreciate 0