View Single Post
      08-06-2020, 02:23 AM   #70
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I really loved the high quality, yet back to basics interior of my 135is. And at the same time it had many high tech features like adaptive headlights. Ergonomically, it fit me very well and was easy to drive for long distances.

I love the 991.2 911 and still used interiors in Porsche. In the 911, all the gauges fit within the view of the steering wheel. Not sure if anyone has noticed or has driven the 992 but once you get beyond the high tech screens, I noticed I can only see the middle three dials and the steering wheel blocks the view of the outlying two gauges unless you move your head. I also don’t like the piano black plastic which scratches and shows every imperfection. There is also a gap in the center console that is hard not to unsee once you discover it. The 992 is a magnificent performance car but Porsche is slightly off their game with that design IMO.

So back to the 991.2 which is similar to my Macan. I love the design, fit and finish. Where everything is going touch screen, it’s still very tactile. The first time you get in and see all the buttons, you’re almost overwhelmed, kind of like the new C8. But then you come to appreciate that everything is well within reach and easy to find, not buried in a menu somewhere. So while not the highest tech, I love it. Someone above said you couldn’t get the sporty trims unless you go GTS....that’s not true. You can add anything you want even on the lowest trim, for a price of course, and that’s one of the beauties of Porsche design. If you truly want a one of one vehicle, you can create it. In fact, once you get to the higher priced models, you will find that most used ones are highly personalized.

Latest gen Audi simply have the best interiors overall. A very nice mix of tech an analog, similar to Porsche in the sense they nailed the ergos. Which makes sense since they are part of the same company.

I also love the Alfa interiors but a bit too plasticity. They look great until you start interacting with them.
Appreciate 2