07-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #3
JoeyBimX5din
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013M3 View Post
About 2013 X5

1) Besides using the key fob and the central front panel knob, is there no way to unlock the doors? Sometimes I'm outside the car and need to unlock the other doors, but I have to climb back into the front seat to open them. On other cars, there is a door lock button right on the door.

2) This is gonna sound stupid but when you have the headlights on 'auto' and you drive at night do you still have to push the 'high beam' button once to activate the auto high beam? or is the car supposed to know that you're driving at night and it will turn it on for you?

3) Is there a way to activate comfort access knob on the door?

4) The phone adapter in the center of the arm area which is worth less - is there a way to remove it and if anyone has done it. what did you do with it? it seems like it just takes up space.

Thanks.
1) there is an unlock button directly under your hazard light switch, in between the 2 middle vents

2) if you have to 'active' an auto high beam, it is by definition, not an 'auto' high beam. Have you tried poking around in the settings in iDrive? This tends to allow adjusting and setting of almost everything on the truck. See above post to check the owners manual

3)Don't know the answer to this, I don't have comfort access

4)are you talking about the 3.5mm audio plug and USB in the center console?
1995 BMW 540i6 - H&R Lowering Springs, Bilstein's, Racing Dynamics Bars, Catback, Short shifter
Appreciate 0