View Single Post
      05-15-2023, 01:14 PM   #30
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
- You clean them frequently enough that the dust does not build up to a level that is hard to remove.
For me, this is the big secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline408 View Post
I have ceramic coated my wheels, and no - I can't just hose off the wheels with no scrubbing to get them clean.
Quote:
There is no magic solution and no amount or any kind of ceramic will clean the wheels from just water spray without agitation.
This has been my experience as well. Those who think they can just spray and rinse either do not get the wheels very clean, or they don't own a BMW with high performance brakes.

Quote:
On every M car i've ever owned, the brake dust is part of life!
Absolutely. Porsche is nearly as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy1616 View Post
Get brake pads that dust less, makes a huge difference.
But you lose in braking performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasta View Post
Does the Wolly Wormit actually fit in the barrels without just smashing into the brake pad shield? I haven’t found a brush thin enough to get in there and just tried the bristle type one without much success.
I find that it depends on the car - some have larger shields than others. I guess it also depends on the wheel size...

FWIW, I try to wash the wheels every time I wash the car, which is weekly. That's the only true solution.

For the 826 wheels on my M4, which are very difficult to clean, I bought a grout sponge and cut it in half. It works well, along with Griot's wheel cleaner and soapy water.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 0