View Single Post
      11-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #12
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcage View Post
Thanks for the thorough response. Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have a couple more questions:

Is this connection used for voice transmission, or is it only for power and the external antenna (i.e. you still have to use bluetooth)? In that case the smartphone integration seems massively overrated for an iPhone 4 as I have seen posts that suggest that the anntena feature doesn't work on an iphone 4 making it nothing more than a glorified charger.
The connection via the iPhone connector is for audio playback, control and of course power/charging only. The phone still connects to the car via bluetooth for voice.

Well the iPhone doesn't offer any external connection for antenna unlike other manufacturers. Therefore the only way to do this is use inductive coupling. Many people have found the iPhones antenna strength increased when using the cradle ...

Remember the cradle just gives you another connection option. Its not one way or the other. Bear in mind the smartphone integration cannot be added afterwards.
Appreciate 0