View Single Post
      12-04-2017, 11:04 PM   #44
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Yeah, I'm surprised how much I've caught in the 1.5 weeks I've been running it. It started as only vapor and then water to the point where I thought maybe something was done wrong, but now it's full on brown oil and has easily coated to bottom to be about 1/8th in fluid depth. I'm happy I did it and wish I'd done it sooner, now I just need to decide on a compete system and do both sides. Once I decide on complete parts and layout, I'm going to replace every line to ensure a trouble free system vs the plastic corrugated sections that becomes VERY brittle. As for diameter, the hosing I'm using came with the setup that Travis included and it was a tight fit over the stock connections, so I'm not going to change what I don't know.

I don't know the details of our CCV vs say an N54, but I know BMS' setup is basically made to only work under boost while the RB setup works out of boost. I have to empty the GF's RB/Mishimoto catch can at least once a month. I'm curious if our system is catching under boost or out of boost and what can be done, even if two systems are needed like some N54 guys run, to be able to catch everything.
Appreciate 0