View Single Post
      04-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #99
Curt2000
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '93 Supra Turbo

For the motor I decided to consult the name synonymous with champion Supras for as long as I can remember…Titan Motorsports. I can recall surfing their website for parts as I was fantasy spec’ing my future supra all the way back in 2004. Gabe at Titan helped guide my build list based upon my goal of 600 reliable WHP with emphasis on fast spool and room for expansion in the future.

My first procurement was a precision 6466 Gen 2 DBB Twin Scroll turbo mounted to a beautiful Virtual Works Racing twin TiAL wastegate manifold complete with Titan 4” downpipe and midpipe combo and wastegate dump tubes.

Extreme Turbo Systems was my choice for a great bolt-on intercooler kit with cool customization options. I ordered it with a black anodized core and black wrinkle coated piping with a classic HKS SSQV BOV

I chose a custom CSF radiator which I also had coated black to match the engine bay theme. It will offer much better cooling for the hot/humid days of stop-go on the beltway.

To prevent valve float and to reach a little higher RPM power band I picked up some Brian Crower Titanium valve springs and retainers as well as 272 Stage 3 cams with iconic BC gold cam gears.

Freed Engineering is doing the install of all these parts and are also providing their custom modified OEM street port intake manifold that increases plenum volume by about 30% and makes the interior of the plenum much smoother. They also spec’d out a fuel system for me with their custom dual fuel pump hanger that is holding one walbro and a new fuel rail with ID 1050s. I’m also having them heat wrap the downpipe and put on a turbo blanket.

I sent my main engine harness to Wiring Specialties to completely revamp and integrate the various sensors and aftermarket fuel system plugs and set up AEM traction control functionality.

I had to get rid of the auto lights on the stock cluster so I sent my cluster and HVAC over to Stu Hagen for the full service and now have a sick TRD 10K tach and LED HVAC upgrade!

Lastly, to pull it all together I found a really talented local painter in Baltimore, Matt Pratt, who modified the stock valve cover to show off the BC cams as well as wrinkle coating the valve runners and I just dropped the intake manifold/runners, compressor housing, and water neck off to him for further black painting for a nice uniform stealth engine bay.

I’ll post more pics and write-ups of the individual parts as they go on and I get a chance to drive with them but here are a few teasers for now!

Former Car: '16 SUNBURST GOLD F80 ///M3--6MT/Carbon Cloth (ED Thread)
Former Car:'13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP(ED Thread)
INSTAGRAM:@C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 4
ItsGary1457.50
eluded3005.00
VipinLJ1941.50