View Single Post
      12-21-2019, 10:22 AM   #18
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by och View Post
The dealer said I am approved for valve seals replacement job, not full engine repair. Don't know if I should trust them with the job.
Any dealer can do it so if you don't like this dealer or think they are shady, highly recommend you find one your comfortable with. And like X5MAN posted, now would be the time to have them replace the turbo cooling lines and the CCV lines.

For example, the drivers side CCV tube will cost you about 400-500 dollars to have replaced by the dealer without the engine out. With it out it should only cost you the price of the part (80.00)and maybe 10min of labor as you can litteraly replace it in a few minutes. Same with the turbo cooling lines.

Have them replace all your vaccum lines and possibly water pump too and have been replace the turbo auxiliary water pump (under recall) while they are in there. You will save thousands doing it now and make the engine worry free for years.

Don't forget to ask for the "N63" discount on the parts. Seriously, most dealers will knock 10-30 percent off the cost of parts if you just ask.
Appreciate 0