05-24-2019, 08:53 PM   #9
Mightymaus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite/Black leather X4 M40i

Garage List
2012 X6 M  [0.00]
X6 M. the leak comes from the crimp style hoses clamps BMW uses in they're coolant lines. the leak will be found around the hoses connected to the Turbos for cooling underneath the engine dressing cover.

BMW uses these types of clamps because they do not damage the hoses as a screw style could. but they become loose you could pinch them with the correct pliers but it would be better to replace the hoses. around the turbos the temperature gets very hot that's why there is a cover over the turbos to prevent damage to other components from the heat. the hoses are away from the turbos. but they will get brittle and need replaced.

if you have an X5 or x6m your motor is an S63. not the N63. the n63 is the normal V8 for those years.

it is easy to replace the hoses when I got to new hoses I took the crimp clamps off wrapped the end of the hoses with silicone tape to prevent damage from the screw clamps I used. purely experimental but the silicone tape should keep the screw from eating into the rubber on the hoses which it did.

the smell you smell that stinks toxically is from the coolant seeping past the crimp clamps and leaking onto the motor. temporarily you can re crimp the crimp clamps but I would plan on changing the hoses as they are probably brittle be careful they don't break. one of my did while I was taking it off to replace it.
Appreciate 0