Quote:
Originally Posted by billowusu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by askjeeves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by billowusu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by askjeeves View Post
I could use some help diagnosing an issue I am having with my X5M misfiring. I haven't had any luck trying to figure this out myself, and am not getting an codes that leads me to an obvious issue. This will be long in the interest of including as much detail as possible.

Background: It is a 2012 X5M with about 72k miles. I've had it for a couple years and since 47k miles.

Both driver and passenger side vent tubes were broken. I replaced the driver side a while back. And decided to replace the passenger side on Saturday. No misfiring prior to changing it, but I knew if i wiggled it around a vacuum leak was obvious. After replacing the passenger side on Saturday, it seemed alright during the cold start, but as revs dropped to normal it starts misfiring. Seems to drive alright once moving, but I assume that it is running a couple cylinders down.

During the vent pipe replacement, I had unplugged and pulled out the coil pack on Cylinder 1. And also pried up a little on the wire distribution thing with all the cables going to coil packs just using my hand/lightly.

Codes I'm getting consistently:
Misfires on cylinder 1 and 4, and sometimes cylinder 3 will come up.
002F24 - Charge air cooling, energy operation

also have had come up:
002D2E - throttle angle, manifold vacuum...
002E18 - Ignition cylinder 1
002C2D / 002C2E - Lamda probe upstream of the cat

What I've tried/checked -
-Made sure the vent pipe is properly connected on both ends
-made sure cylinder 1 coil pack is properly seated and electrical harness connected
-swapped cylinder 1 and 2 coil pack (problem stayed on cyl 1)
-swapped new coil pack in cylinder 1 (bosch oe per advance auto parts)
made sure there is voltage going to coil packs (checked a few easily reachable - 1/2/5)
-checked resistance of coil packs 1/2/5/and the new one i bought - not sure what it's supposed to read but all were consistent around 1.6
-wiggled around and sprayed carb cleaner on filtered air ducts and around misc. vacuum lines near the passenger side vent pipe
-checked fuel trim - not really sure what the numbers mean but
at idle it was ST~-3% LT~-19%
and while cruising it was ST~+1% LT~-3.5%

and, so far no improvement. really trying to get this sorted in the next couple days since I am supposed to be heading to the track this weekend and tow with the x5.

I greatly appreciate any help/ideas/etc!!!
Did you solve the issue? I'm having the same problem. Really driving me crazy.
My guess was fuel trims had adjusted to there being a vacuum leak by adding fuel. And after replacing the leaking lines the car was giving too much fuel. After driving around for a week or so car went back to normal. I'd check the fuel trims when driving and could see them getting back to normal numbers. I never figured out if there is a way to reset that adaptation with ista or inpa.
Leaking lines as in ccv lines? Did you replace the fuel purge line as well? Thanks for responding lol. Means alot.
I replaced the two side engine vent pipe/ccv hoses and the filtered air ducts only.