06-14-2021, 02:51 AM   #15
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom750 View Post
Have you checked if one of the handles is warmer than the others? Seem to recall that some people who had issues with their comfort access had that symptom.
I’ve seen this issue too online. I’ve checked all my handles and they all feel normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
The theory on why certain obd2 devices knock it out is that it doesn't allow the car to go into full sleep mode and so it shuts everything down. I would recommend you still test it, just disconnect it from your obd2 port and let the truck sit for 30min, then come back.

If that doesnt make a difference then like the other member posted above, feel all of your handles when its cool out and see if any are warm.

Also there are multiple antennas, if your rear hatch will pop open when its locked from touching it but your front doors wont, good indication that the front antenna needs to be replaced
I will remove the odb2 attachment and see if it works. But I’ve had that obd2 dongle on since I got the car and it never caused the system not to work.
None of the 4 handles work and neither does the hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skers 05 View Post
OP, get ProTool and scan the vehicle for faults. You will be able to tell which one is bad this way. I had a similar experience a couple months back and bought a used door handle eBay...problem solved. Good luck!
This was the first thing I did. Protools did not show any faults.
I cannot find the comfort access module on protools either. I remember there being a specific CA module right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummr8 View Post
so NONE of your CA handles work? Or just one? When I had one fail (happened on both my E70 and my E91), only the failed one stopped working... I don't know why one failing would ever cause all the rest to not work. Makes no sense
Yes, none work. On my e91 it was broken wire going to the hatch antenna. But that completely stopped the fob from working too.
On my e70 the fob still works, but half of the time I have to press the buttons down hard and/or multiple times.

I’m going to get another new battery for the fob tomorrow, if that doesn’t work, I’m taking the car battery to get charged and if that doesn’t work...
Appreciate 0