View Single Post
      10-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #43
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Okay so I decided to go through with the oversized tires on my x5 35d. I ended up going with cooper discoverer a/t in 265/60r18. First impressions were really good. I actually got them mounted before taking a trip to visit a friend in Boston. Ended up putting 348 miles on during that trip, mostly highway but a solid amount of city too. The ride was very cushiony, very smooth, and not any more noticeable tire noise than before. The mpg return was... well... not the best at 22.1 lol. Usually on a trip like that I'm more like 25-26mpg. I guess it really depends on how fast I'm going (I was probably cruising faster than normal cause of the speedo change). It didn't seem to struggle going up hills on the highway in Maine either. We'll see how it does this winter though!

As far as looks 20mm front is perfect fitment. And the rear needs 30mm to not look awkward. I'm going to be adding adjustable control arms so I can dial the camber in a degree or so, it's just too aggressive. So I'll update when that gets changed cause I suspect it'll pull the look off better.

Anyways pics of the final result and one before tires with just spacers (first pic also shows really well the difference between tinted windshield and non tinted windshield)
Attached Images