Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by argento View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
Can you please post a link for the new screen, would love to get one. Thanks
It's the 4x4 Shop one...they have been very responsive with all my questions, unlike AVIN.

2010-2013: https://4x4shop.ca/product/2010-2013...al-cic-system/

1. Snapdragon, do I understand correctly that the monitor itself has 4G and I can access the internet, etc. independent of my phone? Do I pay a monthly service fee? ==>Monthly service required IF I choose to use the LTE option. It's not required to use the LTE option, I can just use my phone's hotspot.

2. Built-in Carplay, does it require that I plug my phone in or is it wireless? ==> Carplay is wireless on the Snapdragon model (the PX6 I have to plug in to a dongle)

3. Does the audio go through OEM mic/speakers or does it use it's own speaker/mic? If the former, does it go through the OEM Aux Input? ==> Yes, goes through OEM Aux Input, however see SOUND QUALITY below. Need to keep OEM aux input internals clean or else static (IE dust can cause noise). Also, hiss and other sound issues can be controlled via reducing aux input volume...but need to sync between idrive and android volumes.

4. Does the monitor have bluetooth? Are there any issues if I'm connected to the car's BT and the monitor BT? ==> Monitor has BT, but can only use monitor or OEM BT at a time, not both.

5. Am I able to sync volume between OEM and Monitor? So that when I switch from one to the other, there's not a significant sound difference. ==>Yes.

6. I have a GPS splitter for my AVIN install, do I need to purchase your GPS splitter to complete install? ==>All GPS splitters are the same.

7. Is the rear view camera you sell a direct replacement for OEM...IE: fits in the same location? No issues displaying on OEM side? ==> Rear Camera is a handle with lense, not a direct camera replacement. If installed, can view both OEM and 4x4 rear camera via Monitor by switching to preferred view.

8. What is the volume output voltage of the monitor (internal DAC)? ==> In work...

9. Sound Quality - Thanks to Sunny_J for this thread on sound quality (below). I plan to confirm his setup so I've been researching this topic with observations below. This section not complete...

https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show...ight=dragonfly

==>Sunny_J connected a DAC to the USB cable of the monitor and then connected DAC to OEM Aux Input [Connection IE: Monitor USB>USB/DAC/AUX Out>OEM AUX In]. According to his thread, the monitor recognizes the DAC and outputs signal through the DAC.

==>The audio signal from the monitor's Aux Output cable is analog and thus has already been converted by the internal DAC.

==>The monitor's USB cable outputs digital signal when a DAC is recognized, thus adding a third party DAC will convert the signal to analog. Sound quality generally follows: HDMI>Optical>RCA>Aux.

==>External DAC, farther from monitor's electronics, reduces audio interference when converting digital to analog. The monitor's internal DAC converts to analog with interference and sends through monitor's Aux Output.

==>I realized after the fact that had I ordered the HDMI Output option I could have tried using the HDMI signal.

==>My planned setup is to use the Monitor USB > AudioQuest Jitterbug (noise filter) > Dragonfly Red > Big Sur Aux Cable > OEM Aux Input. Hopefully this will provide good quality sound and according to Sunny_J's thread above the DAC is a great improvement.

10. Selected Options:
-(2010-2013) BMW X5 E70 Replacement 10.25" Screen
Android/GPS/WIFI/BT/A2DP/USB Multimedia for Original CIC System

-Snapdragon Qualcomm Android 10 – 4G/LTE capability
Snapdragon 625 (MSM8953)n Version Android 10 – 8 core, A53, CPU 2.0GHz, 14nmLPPn-GPU: Adreno 5-6, Support 4K HD H.264 (AVC)30FPSn-CPU: build-in Hexagon 546 DPSn- Use X9 LTE modem, support all kinds o networks (4G): LTE Category 7/13 – Support double frequency: 2.4G and 5G WIFI.n-SD Card: SD3.0, max 128GBn- Video format: MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, FLV n- Audio Format: MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, APE, WAV

-North America and Argentina
-Left Hand Drive
-1920 x 720 (LG Display) Screen Resolution
-LG HD Anti-Reflection Black Screen
-Build-in Wireless Apple CarPlay / Wired Android Auto Function
-Digital TV Tuner (ATSC, North America)

No Addition of internal HDMI output (last minute, after purchase, trying to add...)

No Addition of backup camera
No addition of GPS Splitter
No addition of OEM Fit Dash Cam
No addition of Aux splitter
No addition of WIFI OBD2 adapter for Torque app
No addition of DAB+ USB Hub
No Addition USB extension
No addition of Tool Kit
No addition of One Year Live Tech Support ($59.99)

More to come...
That's excellent! Thank you my friend.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0