View Single Post
      12-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #15
vzfox1
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSnailz View Post
Bad strap will cause no crank no turning engine.
If you search on youtube, theres a guy doing a fix on a bmw thats cranking but not starting or holding idle. Which leads to a bad crank or cam angle sensor, I couldn’t recall. Worth checking it out. GL.
I did see that video in a matter of fact, thanx for mentioning. I was thinking that grounding straps would cause a no crank situation but since mine is cranking fine I decided to look in other directions. Another question to ask is would the cam angle sensor only cause cold weather issues? As odd as it sounds, I am only having this hard to start issue when its colder weather out. Summer/Fall weather it starts like a new car every time. Another possible cause I heard was fuel related, colder weather causing a back flow siphon effect on the fuel lines and not letting enough fuel get to the rails upon cranking but runs fine after started.

The main only reason I'm digging deep into possible causes is I have already brought the vehicle to the shop last year winter time with the same exact issue and after 4 days of them keeping it, they checked everything they knew to check and found no problems and it cranked n started like a new car each time every day so I brought it home and didnt have the issue again until this winter. I dont want to bring it back to them with the same problem and not have a specific place and item for them to check.
Appreciate 0