View Single Post
      11-20-2018, 12:01 PM   #9
vzfox1
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X5 E70

Good and bad news, not much good news tbh...I received the negative battery cable part from RockAuto but when I went to install it I noticed the current sensor connections were incorrect for my vehicle. They sent the wrong part. I tried to fill out a return form online but it says the part is non returnable. Im not throwing away $153 thats for sure, so I submitted a claim thru my credit card company for a refund. We will see how that goes

Good news (if you call it that) is that when I put my original cable back on and re connected the current sensor, my X5 started right up with no issues. I suppose it may be possible that the current sensor is intermittently going bad causing the crank but no start issue but also means it could be a separate problem all together

I did notice yesterday when I had the original cable on and the sensor disconnected that my car would try to start but immediately stop. After a few presses of the start button it would finally idle and run fine. If it is trying to start but chokes out and dies, what else could be the problem?

EDIT: Once it starts and idles/runs, it drives fine and idles fine with no errors or faults showing.
Appreciate 0