View Single Post
      11-13-2023, 10:59 AM   #18
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatThatLunchBaby View Post
Thank you for the feedback, I’ve largely put off building anything since I first got the PS5 setup. I did download AC and still have to get my wheel & pedals working.

I was really disappointed with the feel of GT7 after feeling my car at the limit. They don’t have a G80 in GT7 so I wasn’t sure if it was just a difference in car or if my wheel had no feedback or if sim racing never felt somewhat real.

Sounds like a decent wheel & pedals will be enough with the right game so I can practice when I can’t make it to the track during the winter
I personally don't like the feel of GT7, especially street cars - I think AC does this best. The mechanics of grip at the limit, understeer, and oversteer are all very lifelike in AC. However, and it's a big however, you need to feel everything through the steering wheel combined with the lack of G-force makes it harder to know when you are at the limit. So you're going to have to use visual cues to know how fast you're going into corners. It is very hard to gauge speed in SIM at first - I have friends that tried it and understeered everywhere and they thought the game wasn't realistic... until I told them they were going XXX mph into this/that corner, so the car was reacting exactly as it would IRL.

Sounds like you're in it for similar reasons to me: to improve your driving for the real track. I think the biggest thing overall (just to reiterate) is just accepting that this isn't real life driving; it's a very fun *gaming* experience that mechanically acts exactly as it would IRL. Having that mindset has certainly allowed me to have a lot more fun with the game and made it more productive.