03-04-2019, 06:59 AM   #23
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaketh View Post
Guy makes a post about his new pride and joy and you take a dump on it. This kind of gatekeeping is so lame. On looks alone the P car wins. Nevermind the fact it's 400lbs lighter, has a mechanical LSD, rear axle steering, superior active suspension, etc etc.

992 is on my list as the next car. It's without doubt an upgrade to the 2er.

Enjoy the ride dude , I'm saving for pretty much the same thing.
At the end of the day, they are just cars. The only things we should take offense to and care to protect are our families and the ones we love. If someone shits on my car buying decisions, why would I care?

The forums are here to learn and share. I'm an engineer. I can't help but to be overly-logical and inquisitive about the details that drives one to sell a particular car and move to another.

FWIW, both OP and I have owned P-cars in the past (he owning quite a few more than me!). I exchanged PMs with Steven and it's all good in the hood.

The car is beautiful and it's a Porsche. I have nothing negative to say about it and would trade my M240i for it in a heartbeat - just wouldn't pay to make the upgrade is all. I wanted to understand why he made the decision he did, again, for perspective, really.

Sorry, Steven, if my comments made your new purchase any less special! (Something tells me it did not. )

Cheers!