View Single Post
      01-25-2024, 08:22 PM   #63
argento
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5M

I use a AQ Dragonfly Cobalt and have also used the AQ Dragonfly Red. Amazing sound with both, but only when coupled with USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP). I've also acheived OEM and Android volume balance so I don't worry about drastic volume deltas when I switch from Android Mode to OEM mode. I've found that when I'm running the DAC none of the other audio features of the monitor work through the DAC/usb output.

HOWEVER, remembering these are effectively beta systems: I have, on rare occasions, proven this wrong...IE: the android default player sent audio through the DAC. I cannot reproduce on command, nor can I figure out how it happened those couple times.

I run with my phone connected to OEM BT and I can be on the Android side and take OEM calls just fine. UAPP mutes the music, but doesn't pause it...otherwise it all works well. Using the monitor BT results in poor call clarity in my system.

I also have both the Aux and USB output cabless of the monitor routed to my center console. I can (but rarely do), disconnect the DAC and plug in the Monitor Aux line and get audio for a specific App that way. Obviously a hassle.

It seems I'm constantly learning with this system...

Name:  IMG_2364_resized.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  269.2 KB

Last edited by argento; 01-25-2024 at 08:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
jbash87258.50