m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpower603 View Post
Very nice to see an engine with 140k

Have you done anything preventative? ( rod bearings , updated oil pump?)

You might be the highest mile x5 m!

It's by no means perfect, it's down on boost (I blame VERY tired turbos), but it runs like a top. Just ritual oil changes and lots of road trips, I haven't dropped the pan or done anything engine wise major. What's funny is I'm NOT nice to this car. I remember my E34 M5 days and read that they like their legs stretched out, so I apply that same technique daily...engine's up to temp and it's game on, EVERY day is a race...stop lights, passing people, dude who maybe looked at funny so I assumed he wanted to race, etc :-) I HATE how it constantly wants to go into 6th, even at the lowest of speeds, so I'm always in Sport and/or ///M mode to keep the revs up vs down low and bogging. Engines in heavy cars don't like low RPM lugging around so I've convinced myself that's why I haven't had the problems I've read about.

Mods:
- custom intake
- JB4 with meth
- HCP stage 2+ flash
- DV+ diverter valves
- muffler valves deleted
- catch can

Done:
- Aux water pump - broke into pieces
- CCV/PCV system - usual cracking
- Injectors - one failed
- Expansion tank - cracked and I now run Evans waterless coolant
- Vacuum pump - leaked oil
- Front brakes - worn out
- Transmission -constantly went into limp mode, slammed itself into 3rd on the freeway and/or wouldn't drive at all even after two flushes/sleeves/gaskets changes a few months apart
- Alternator brushes - hoping it'd fix the Christmas tree dash that still happens post trans swap but thankfully still drives this time around
- Vacuum lines - still can't get rid of reduced power warnings though

To-do:
- Transfer case, maybe - still getting the Christmas tree randomly even though it's for new fluids and the servo gear is perfect
- S63TU mani and turbos - hoping it'll fix my reduced power and smoke after idling for long periods before I explore valve seals, at which point I'll just go fully rebuilt
Appreciate 1
TTV8M126.00