View Single Post
      10-14-2018, 03:06 AM   #1
colinmartin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 x5m

engine smoking untill minimum oil level

2009 x5m hi guys my car has recently started smoking and smelling of oil as soon as is goes down to minimum oil level it stops ,I have replaced all of the vacuum pipes ,she has 2 brand new turbos and I have even changed the oil separator on the side of the crankcase ,at first I thought it might be the valve seals which would really suck but why would it stop when the level is low and the car has around 80.000 miles on her. Does anyone have any ideas where I should be looking? I mainly notice it when sitting in traffic for awhile big puff of smoke .she has a stage 2 tune and originally had cattless downpipes which I have since changed to sport cats to deal with the bad fuel smell ,I have also changed all of the injectors to the latest numbers. Obviously I have spent some money on the car and it would be nice to enjoy her running perfectly for at least a short time .the only codes I am getting are the running rich codes .the smoke is definitely oil smell not fuel as I have had problems in the past with the injectors I feel I know the difference
Appreciate 0