View Single Post
      10-30-2022, 08:21 AM   #1
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti Founders Edition promo

After looking around and going back and forth on whether to wait for the RTX 4090 prices to come down, I decided to make the leap into updating my archaic EVGA GTX 780 SC. I was also pushed over the edge because of COD MW 2. I've been having all sorts of problems trying to run the game with it crashing constantly when I get to Wetwork and especially the Trade Craft missions in the campaign.

Looked all around and decided to check on Nvidia's website where I stumbled onto their promo deal. RTX 3090 Ti for $1099. They say projected ship date is 11/4. So I pulled the trigger. Especially as it seems none of the 3090s have really dropped that much in price with the 4090s out there in the wild.

The other considerations were that I think I may be able to still use my current rig to run this card where as I definitely have to upgrade my power supply with the 4090. And also there seems to be problems with the power connector/header for the 4090s.

Anyways, hope this helps anyone here that has been on the fence and still don't want to overpay for a GPU.
Appreciate 1
BMWGUYinCO4124.00