View Single Post
      03-20-2023, 09:06 PM   #18
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraguy View Post
Please let me know when you have x5m intake pipes and turbo inlets. I'll buy them asap. My ccv is failing and I want to do catch cans.

Do you happen to know if I delete the ccv pipe to the turbo inlets and just run a catch can on the rest of the ccv , would that cause any issues?
ETA is Mid-April, will update this thread as we get closer and I am ready start taking orders. As for the CCV, on the E70 50i & X5M the CCV is a complex two stage system, the M further complicates this by adding cross-bank connections.

The Lower CCV lines run direct to the lower intakes that see both full vacuum and boost, under non-boost conditions, the lower CCV lines are used to vent all Crank Case gases. Under boost conditions, an small internal check valve switches to just the turbo inlet connections as otherwise boost pressure would flow into the crankcase.

You can technically block off the lower CCV lines and eliminate the cross-bank connections (this what BMW itself did on the TU update to the s63/n63 platform) and just use the turbo-inlet CCV connections. The turbo inlet connections must stay however as under boost conditions, this is the only place to vent the CC gases. You could also vent to atmosphere or into the exhaust via evac tubes but trust me when I say, the smell is absolutely horrible and is not tolerable for street use.

I did several write ups on converting to catch-cans, PM me for more info on how to setup.
Appreciate 0