07-03-2019, 07:09 AM   #29
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
This happened to me last week. I turned onto the main street that leads up to the street that turns off to go into my neighborhood. I immediately see they have the roads torn up as road construction is going on everywhere here. But they have up a sign that says left lane closed, so I immediately get into the right lane.

Well of course you have others who try to go as far up as they can and then merge while the rest of us have waited patiently. Well I'm in the right lane behind a Septic Pumper Truck of all things...so I'm staying a few feet from his bumper as there is loose gravel everywhere...plus it's a big truck.

He pulls up, I pull up. after about 10 minutes, traffic moves again and apparently the guy behind me who I haven't even noticed aside from being right on my bumper turns right into a business and yells out asshole.

Well I am not like I used to be in my past, and I typically ignore this stuff. But something about this just flew all over me...felt like someone pulled a wool sweater over my ears. Just so happens that another few feet up, there is a second pull in to the same business so without thinking I pull in...drive up as he and his "trashy looking significant other" haven't got out of their car yet...and I park right behind him parallel to his car and get out.

I ask...what did you call me? He then tries to play it off and says he was yelling at another driver. I told him all the other cars around us had their windows up except for me, so he was the dumbass if he expects anyone else to hear him except for me so I knew who he was directing it at...and where did he expect for me to go with a truck literally 2ft. in front of me???

He just stood there looking at me with a shit eating WTF look on his face. I said a few more choice words, and told him if I heard him say anything else as I was leaving, I would immediately turn around and come back.

Now I know this was stupid....and for the record I have been shot in the past for jumping into an altercation with someone who started something, and then followed me and shot me the next day.

But this time I just couldn't help myself as I did nothing wrong...and I am starting to get very weary of people and their mentality that no one else exists but them.

Later I felt bad....but so be it. It was just a bad day for me that day...and people need to realize that they aren't the only ones on the road, and you never know what type of person they are..or mood they are in.

Oh and for the record, I do try to get in the other lane when I know it's a lane that most people turn in....and I also stop when the light turns yellow as there are people typically across from me trying to get turned.
Reading this - i was thinking to myself this guy is absolutely nuts to do this in a state where guns are readily available!

But i get it, sometimes you need to follow up peoples silly actions. I bet he'll never do it again.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00