Thread: X6m Warning
View Single Post
      05-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #32
airbornesigs
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2013 E71 BMW X6M

Cant believe my 2013 X6M has started doing exactly the same, every time I hit the gas hard and it kicks down, Bing I get the orange engine light and warning pop up. Only when I accelerate hard, and it doesn't matter if its cold or warm.

It has also starting this rattling sound coming from the exhaust, it sounds almost like something has come loose inside the back box and its rattling around inside the pipe metal on metal, ding a ling a ling... :-/ I gave it a technical kick and it subsided for a second and then started again.

My car has been faultless up until now, I am in the process of switching out the back box (rear muffler) for an aftermarket one from Fi and so to be honest im not overly bothered about the ringalingading at the moment, however the limp home mode warning light / engine failure warning is bloody annoying. I will be taking it into my mechanic next week and so I will update here what was said.

I am also going to upload a couple of vids to youtube and post links here, the first one with the ringalingading sound in case my mechanic diagnoses it and anyone else has the same issue. The second video will show the warning light come on when I accelerate hard and this will tie in with something I want to highlight in that video a device I recently bought call FIXD, it a vehicle health / diagnostics tool that you plug into your OBD-11 port and it tells you in plain english what the faults are and why they are showing.

Well I plugged it in and it runs the scan while I am looking at the engine fault message on the screen and the engine fault light on the speedo.. and it proceeds to tell me my car has no faults and is totally fine. I also have a PDC fault on my car (parking distance sensor) I know what the issue is and its being replaced.. however when I reverse I get the fault so I reversed and sure enough up pops the fault. I had this FIXD device plugged in as it recommends leaving the device plugged in so it can "monitor your cars health in real time" errm, 3 words.. "crock of shit" the fault appeared and the FIXD device recorded nothing at all and when I scanned the car again it said once again that my car was without faults and is totally fine.. errm, I am physically looking at the PDC fault it is clearly not fine.

Totally disappointed as I was really looking forward to the device which cost $70 incl shipping arriving because I thought wouldn't it be nice to walk into BMW and tell them whats wrong and simply ask them how much.. rather than to be at their mercy as usual and have them charge me hundreds to diagnose and then thousands for all of these apparent things which are wrong.

I bought the device after it was plugged on Vehicle Virgins by Parker, so cheers for that Parker! I'll be @vehiclevirgins him into the video on youtube for sure!!
Appreciate 1