View Single Post
      06-30-2021, 01:21 PM   #3
Dinkumbloke
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d

I ordered mine from Andream after A LOT of research. They have several options to choose from depending on your preferences. I thought about the cheapest option which would keep the stock screen and just add basic CarPlay but decided on the upgraded 10.25" screen. There is a more expensive version that allows AirPlay and screen mirroring as well as a some digital dashboard options, built in GPS, and a 4G+64G Qualcomm 8-core built-in 4G-LTE IPS Car MultiMedia. All which was unnecessary in my opinion. I just wanted CarPlay which gave me AppleMusic, Spotify, AppleMaps and all the other apps. The version I got in the mail was the latest version and solved many of the issues that people have been complaining about. It came with a screen protector which it did not mention (I found out the hard way). I purchased one on-line and when I went to install it, it pulled off the one that came with it (which was nicer quality). I wasted time and money there. The latest version also had a built in microphone so I did not have to install an external option and it works & looks great. The unit even came preprogramed for your model which it didn't mention. I was halfway through the program options before I realized it was already done.

Andream is the cheapest by far at $299 (CCC) or $309 (CIC)
No Tax, No shipping which you would have to add with 4X4shop. I considered them but the total was closer to $600. It did come with the extra options that I didn't want though.
Overall, VERY pleased.
Just remember that all these units connect through the AUX so if you go back into iDrive, CarPlay will stop. For example, to go into setting to adjust your rear climate, the music or navigation will stop if you are using CarPlay but will pick right back up by touching the screen. I have Navigation and XM radio on my original equipment but do not use either.
My only complaint is when using CarPlay the volume on my music and my turn by turn navigation on any of the navigation apps cannot be adjust separately. The music will come out at a much higher volume than Siri's voice. I have looked into this and have not figured out a solution yet.
This is the one I got:

https://www.android-car-dvd.com/coll...34606151565475

Installation was simple and quick. I had it done in less than an hour.
Appreciate 0