View Single Post
      10-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #13
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

So after extensively going over the car, the flex disc or guibo and the center support bearings both looked ok. Not to say they couldn’t be replaced, as they look original and the car just hit 100k, but they didn’t look to be the culprit from this shudder/vibration issue. I also checked the motor mounts and Transfer case/transmission mount and again, not that they were brand new, but both looked to be in ok shape. I just bought these wheels and spent close to $2500 all said and done and I didn’t want to believe that they were the issue.

With that said, I swapped to my stock 19” wheels with Conti RFT, and the shudder/vibration/hesitation was almost completely gone, about 90%. I know I need new brakes front/rear pads AND rotors but the shudder I was feeling is 100% gone after reinstalling the stock setup and having the driveshaft recall performed. So you can call this one SOLVED.

Now my question is, are the new wheels causing the shuddering bc of the 1.4% circumference difference or are the wheels maybe not hub centric? I’m really leaning towards them not being hub centric bc I felt the shudder, but also noticed some vibration especially in the front. ALSO when I took off the new 22” wheels to swap the stock wheels back on, I noticed some build up of rust on the hubs themselves behind the wheels where they bolt up.

At any rate, I’ll be buying hubcentric rings and will be swapping the front tires with 285/30/22 instead of the 295/30/22 I have on them now. Also here are some pictures I snapped of the guibo and center support bearing, what do you guys think? Thanks for everyone’s input, it is much appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0