View Single Post
      10-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #11
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanziang View Post
I bought the car at the end of August, they were scrambling to do the Passenger airbag recall. I checked and I see the drive shaft recall, but I don't show it as applying to my vehicle when I search by VIN. Maybe it has already been completed?

For wear on the DWS 06, I do have some wear on on the outside of the front tires, but not all that bad. I don't know the mileage on them, but have have to be less than 1.5 years old based on their date of manufacture.

G.
Gotcha, yeah when I bought my vehicle they were pretty much shot, but the wear was mostly in the outside of the tire. When was your vehicles build date? If the recall isn’t showing up, I’m sure you could call bmw of NA and see if the recall was done or if the recall wasn’t offered for your vehicle.

I haven’t been driving my x5 due to me realizing 295/30/22 up front and 335/25/22 in the rear is a 1.4% circumference difference so I’m waiting for new 285/30/22 to come and I’m going to change the Transfer Case fluid before I start daily driving it again.

Now I’m concerned about running two diff brands of tires. Anyone have any input?
Appreciate 0