View Single Post
      10-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #9
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanziang View Post
Camping onto this thread hoping for a little input. I have a 2012 3.5i, running the stock 19" wheels with Conti DWS 06's. I get a bit of shudder, usually when the tranny is warm, but going straight, not turning. So if I put the car in drive, but don't press the go pedal, it will creep forward smoothly for a couple of feet, then kind of shudder for 10 to 15 feet as it accelerates. No noises that I can hear, and no codes when checked with carly. I have also noticed the car has a horrible shift from 2 to 3 or 4 to 5 when under 3/4 acceleration, enough that you move forward into your seatbelt in the middle of the shift.

I will try the tranny learn reset. I think Carly can do that. The car does have 99,000 miles, and is new to me since 98k miles. I have no service records, so I doubt the tranny or transfer case fluid has been changed.

Thanks for any input.

G.
Sounds like similar symptoms that I am having but my shifts are all smooth for the most part. Have not tried the creep forward test when cars and drive without hitting the gas, will try shortly. Have you gotten the driveshaft replaced under the recall yet? When I ran the Carfax on my x5 before buying it a few months ago, it had The front driveshaft and the passenger airbag recall listed, you should check.

I’m going to swap the stock wheels back on the car and see if anything changes, I don’t remember if I had any shudder with the stock wheels or not but I as well have the 19 inch with Conti DWS.

Not sure if this helps our issue but when I have the factory wheels still in the car, there was significant wearing on the outside of the front tires.
Appreciate 0