View Single Post
      01-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
By the way, that X5M looks mean, great pics. Don't mean to get too off topic!
Hey GameTheory,

Just from my experience, I have gone with aftermarket wheels and low profile tires on every car i have owned and I have always reffered to the reccomendations on the tires themselves, not what is in the actual car manual or on the inside of the driver's door because those specs are for the OEM tires, not for our fancy "shoes" lol.

What I normally and continue to do is verify the MAX PSI note on the side wall of the aftermarket tires, then subtract that by 4 to allow for expansion. The tires i am riding on now says 50 PSIMax, so I set my PSi at 46-47. Then I usaually just check the PSI in each tire monthy to make sure i don't have any leaks happening.

Like i said, I have done this with 4 cars over the past 13 years, and have never experienced any problems with custom wheels and tires.

Some might say that hovering so close to the Max PSI will make the ride seem a lil harsh, kinda like riding on RFTs, but I have found that it does add a bit more protection to the rim while running on rough roads like they are in NYC. That is just my humble opinion However.

I hope this information helps you out. Enjoy that beautiful machine you got!